Interested in Learning About Essential Oils? Start Here
Welcome to our guide for essential oils! I’ve been using essential oils for many years and am thrilled to share with you what I know. Once you start using these powerful tools, your life will never be the same. And for that, I’m forever grateful.
An Introduction to Essential Oils
Essential oils are a great tool for anyone hoping to use more natural remedies in their life. Each oil is a liquid made from natural extracts (like flowers, grasses, and fruits). The active chemicals in the oil enter our bodies and get to work, helping us fall asleep better, reduce blood pressure, and a host of other things.
Tackling Common Issues with Essential Oils
Many problems can be solved naturally with essential oils. With so many oil options out there, however, it can be hard picking the right one for your situation. Our guides below suggest the best essential oils for a given issue.
- Get a good night’s sleep
- Pump up your energy levels
- Manage asthma symptoms
- Fight back against allergies
- Tackle a sore throat
- Relieve sinus congestion
- Soothe sunburns
- Relieve arthritis, muscle, and joint pain
- Treat Psoriasis
- Manage blood pressure
- 20 all purpose remedies using essential oils
- Must-Have Essential Oils for Camping
Using Essential Oils 101
Getting started with essential oils is easy! But there are a few key things to keep in mind:
- Why use natural remedies
- How to apply essential oils
- Why you should avoid ingesting essential oils
- Safety considerations when using essential oils
- When to use carrier oils
- When to use diffusers
Building Your Set
It can be daunting looking through the many essential oil brands and product options, but it doesn’t need to be!
Check out our beginner’s guide to buying essential oils. It’ll help you know what you should look for from a company, as well as suggest our top 3 brands.
Once you find your favorite company, you can start creating your collection. Before you buy an oil, it helps to know what it can do for you. Here’s a roundup of the most commonly used oils and their benefits:
- Tea Tree
- For others, check out this big list of essential oils
Some people enjoy creating kits around a certain theme, like the ones below:
- Essential oils for a first aid kit
- Essential oils for health and wellness
- Essential oils for a survival kit
- A small essential oil starter pack (use code “BACKDOORSURVIVAL” for a 10% discount)
- A larger essential oil starter pack (use code “BACKDOORSURVIVAL” for a 10% discount)
DIY Projects with Essential Oils
Create a number of useful household products with essential oils, great for even the most novice of DIY-ers.
- Hand sanitizer
- Healing body butter
- Toilet cleaner
- Foaming hand soap
- Antiviral sanitizing spray
- Vapor rub for cough and congestion
- Peppermint scrub
- Cold and flu bomb
- Healing lotion bar
- First aid stick
- Facial toner, beard oil, face serum, and makeup wipes
- Simple salve
Ready to learn more about essential oils? Check out these resources:
- Interview with author of The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy
- Interview with author of Smart Mom’s Guide to Essential Oils
- Our Pinterest board with a collection of tips and tools
- The essential oil part of our website where we frequently post new articles
Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate you taking the time to check out our site.
Need essential oils? I have recently affiliated with Spark Naturals and am thrilled with the quality, the price and the service.
Not only that, Backdoor Survival readers get a 10% discount by using the code “BACKDOORSURVIVAL” at checkout!
I love the nifty tin my EOs came it. Totally unexpected!