Enjoy your next adventure through common sense and thoughtful preparation! Gaye In the News: Just a bit of personal news today. The past four days have been spent celebrating the marriage of my niece, Allison to a most wonderful young man. I feel honored and privileged to have been a bridesmaid in their wedding and hope that you will join both Survival Husband myself in wishing Andy and Allison a joyous future together. By the way, that is your very own SurvivalWoman + Survival Husband in the photo to the right. From the Bargain Bin: Emergency Essentials has their Volcano Stove with the propane option on sale for $129.99 which is just slightly more than the non-propane version that I purchased a couple of months. If you have had your eye on a Volcano II Collapsible Stove, this is a really good deal. After reading reviews on products from various vendors, I am not going back to these 300cc Oxygen Absorbers which are sold at Amazon. This is one area where you want to make sure you are getting a quality product. Currently, a pack of 60 (in three 20 unit packs) is $13.99 with free shipping: 60 – 300cc Oxygen Absorbers in Bags of 20 for Long Term Food Storage. Shelf Reliance 55-gallon Water Barrel: This is the water barrel that I have. I purchased it as a kit – just like you see here. The only difference is that I paid about $20 more than this. If you have been procrastinating the purchase of a water storage system, this is a great deal at $138 with free shipping. Other SurvivalWoman picks:
- Lodge 12-Inch Pre-Seasoned Skillet: The basic standby for all types of cooking, inside or out.
- Lodge Set of 2 Pan Scrapers: A must have to go with that skillet.
- Presto 1755 16-Quart Aluminum Pressure Cooker/Canner: The price on this goes up and down by about $5 so if you happen to catch it for under $70, you are getting a deal.
- 550lb. Type III Paracord 100′ Black: I wish I had known about Paracord years ago. With a recent price reduction to $7.47, there is no reason not to have a few hundred feet around your home, in your car, and in your bug out bag.
- 20 Gallon Size Mylar Bags: I found a different source on Amazon for only $8.25 for 20 bags. This qualifies as a screaming deal. Shipping is free, of course.